Yogaloft Guidelines for Yoga Practice
- Hold off on food – eat a minimum of 2 hours before class; more than 3 hours is even better.
- Drink lots of water – come to class well hydrated and bring a water bottle with you.
- Bring a mat – or rent one of ours for £1 each.
- Dress lightly – fitted shorts and a sports top are best.
- Avoid clothes that will cling to you, like cotton t-shirts or loose baggy trousers.
- Classes are barefoot
- Arrive early – aim to arrive at least 15 minutes before class starts
- Talk to your teacher – tell us about any recent injuries or illnesses.
- We can suggest possible pose modifications and it will help us to better tailor the class to your needs.
- Smell fresh – but leave the perfume at home.
- Be receptive – follow the instructions to the best of your ability.
- Listen to yourself – let go of expectations and respect your body.
- Silence Royal silence in the Yoga Room.